Saturday 9 June 2012

red flannel

Sandy's cute flannel sets
I love a simple thing done really well. These are cute pairs of hand crocheted flannels or dish cloths. Made from purest cotton in adorably retro colours, who could resist! I found them in a lovely craft market which is held once a month at the Cheese and Grain in Frome, Somerset. Sandy, the creative force behind the lovely brand of Padleigh Corner also has a folksy store. 
OK, so you can sense a theme when I tell you I next climbed Catherine's Hill in Frome to visit the lovely Zoe Constantine at Bead Bazaar where I found exactly what I was looking for... which I usually do as when she's not busy selling sparkles, Zoe is off travelling to source more gorgeousness. On the way back down the hill I stopped off to visit at Millie Moon which is the kind of haberdashery that stitchy fingered folk's dreams are made of. I bought the piece of fabric you can see under my lovely flannels... for no other reason than I love the colours and the pattern. 
It is currently folded up on my desk, but I'm hoping it will become part of something lovely one day soon.